DeafStudio is a civic association founded in late December 2008 in Prešov, Slovakia. DeafStudio members are young Deaf people. Devoted to art, education, information about the culture of the D/deaf communities.
DeafStudio’s goal is:
- preservation of cultural assets D/deaf and hard of hearing
- support for the education of members, sympathizers and the public
- transferring and gaining experience and information in the field
- satisfying the artistic aspirations of members
- self-realization of artistic growth of members
- discovering new artistic intentions
- creating a confrontational environment – sources of inspiration
- creation of technical background – provision of assistance
Subject to the implementation of the objectives of DeafStudio is:
- performing educational and educational activities, advisory and consultancy activities, cultural and educational activities
- raising awareness, professional levels of citizens, parents, students, children and the public by organizing:
- courses, seminars, lectures, conferences and workshops,
- practical meetings, sports and recreational activities,
- cooperation with educators and students of educational institutions.